Infection Control Services
Infection Control is a sub-discipline of epidemiology concerned with preventing nosocomial or healthcare-associated infection. Infection Control addresses factors related to the spread of infections within the health-care setting, including preventative measures (via hand hygiene, surface cleaning, disinfection, sterilization, vaccination, surveillance), monitoring / investigation of the spread of infection within the health-care setting (surveillance and outbreak investigation), and management (interruption of outbreaks). Our consultants can assist you in developing appropriate specifications for construction and renovation projects with specific emphasis on Infection Control principles. Furthermore, we also provide air and water quality monitoring services, and perform outbreak investigations to determine the source of a particular problem and develop solutions for correction.
Regulations / Standards:
-CSA Standard Z317.13-12, Infection Control during Construction, Renovation and Maintenance of Health Care Facilities.
-Ontario Regulation 67/93 – Health Care and Residential Facilities
- Pre-construction and post-construction assessments
- Construction specification design
- Potable drinking water sampling
- Legionella outbreak investigations
- Bioaerosol sampling – mould, bacteria
- Water damage and mould assessments
- Healthcare specific HVAC inspections
- Infection control program audits
- Respirator fit testing and program development